Friday, May 13, 2011

Psalm 121

Had to reload this posting since blogger was down for a day due to them changing software. So here it is again. I took this picture while traveling with my son heading west to Washington. We were in Montana at the time. This graphic was inspired from the portion of Psalm 121 where the Psalmist cries, I lift up my eyes to the mountain, where does my help come from? In the Psalmist day people used to go to the high places to inquire of God. The point of Psalm 121 is that location doesn't matter. Our help is from the Lord. Whether we are in a valley or on a mountain top. Here is the psalm in the New American Standard Version.

1I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
2My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.
3He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
4Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep.
5The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade on your right hand.
6The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
7The LORD will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul.
8The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment